Mold Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Water Tips | Fire Tips | Biohazard Tips | Mold Tips
In as little as 48 hours, mold can quickly become a problem in your home or business when there’s a water intrusion, like a roof leak or leaking water line. Mold can cause health effects and can also cause significant damage to your property. We recently had a local call of a property that had warm water running for over 2 weeks. Mold quickly spread throughout the apartment, SERVPRO of Shippensburg / Perry County was able to respond quickly and begin the mitigation process of setting up some negative pressure to extract the residual moisture from the air. SERVPRO of Shippensburg / Perry County has the training, protective gear, and specialized equipment necessary to handle your mold problem and make it “Like it never even happened”!
Have a Mold Problem?
Call Us Today – (717) 300-3347
If you have a mold problem in your home or business, consider the following facts:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Shippensburg / Perry County for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Mold Remediation Services
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of Shippensburg / Perry County has the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- New Bloomfield
- Shermans Dale
- New Buffalo